When that special event rolls around, you will undoubtedly have many different options to choose from when selecting a limousine service. Limo companies vary widely regarding price, services offered, vehicle models available, and even the quality of the drivers and the maintenance of their fleet. It is important to do some research about the company before you hire their services. Here are some important issues to inquire about when you are shopping around:
1. Credentials and insurance. Look for evidence of proper licensing and insurance to meet state and national requirements. Individual drivers hired must have appropriate licensing as well, but they should also be subject to background checks and careful screening. You will be placing your safety in your driver's hands, and it's important to make sure they are deserving of such responsibility.
2. Available vehicles. There are many different styles of limousines, and each might be best for certain uses. If you simply need a ride to the airport, a classic limo is a comfortable choice. However, for transporting a large party, you may want something roomier. For a special event, it is likely that you have a certain look or style in mind and the best limousine services will accommodate this by offering an array of models. Legend Limousine, A Long Island Limo Service provides private luxury car services, corporate transportation, executive shuttles, and special event limousine services.
3. Vehicle maintenance. It pays to inquire regarding maintenance procedures for the fleet. A reputable company will be happy to show you their maintenance records.
4. Amenities and extras. At their most basic, reputable limousine services generally, offer an experienced chauffeur as well as complimentary beverages. However, for your special event, you may wish to order additional services or amenities. "Just Married" signs, balloons, flowers, decorations, food, champagne stands, and roll-out red carpet are just a few popular choices. There may be extra fees associated with these amenities.
5. Overtime availability and charges. Special events can be unpredictable in length. If your event is scheduled to end early enough, some services will book the limo for an event after yours, and this can cause major scheduling issues if your party or wedding runs long.
6. Pricing and additional fees. When shopping for any limousine service, you, of course, are going to be looking for the best price. It's important to remember that in many cases, you get what you pay for. Some services offer a low basic price, but higher fees for extras. Some have special packages for weddings or other special rates for various purposes in different months of the year.